Thursday, May 26, 2011

Too many hats

I'm wearing too many hats.

I'm the math teacher, the English teacher, the history teacher, the science teacher.

I'm the Bible teacher, the spelling teacher, the handwriting expert, the geography teacher.

I'm the discipliner. I'm not consistent.

I'm trying to train. I can't even train myself.

I'm a counselor. I don't listen well.

I'm the cook. I don't like food messes.

I'm the housekeeper. I haven't done my floors in a month.

I'm the laundromat. I never do only whites.

I'm nursing a baby. I'm talking to a pre-teen about puberty.

I'm driving to football, soccer, ballet, gymnastics, piano, guitar, and church.

I need to buy groceries, mail a package, pay some bills, and return some calls.

I'm a daughter, a wife, a mom, a sister, a granddaughter, an aunt, a niece, a sister-in-law, a daughter-in-law, a friend, maybe a foe.

I'm tired. Maybe I'm wearing too many hats.
Maybe that's why there's so many devotionals for moms.
Too bad we're too exhausted to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment