Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Toilet Paper

We need toilet paper. Toilet paper and milk. We can do without the milk. We can't do without the toilet paper.

How did our supplies get so low, so fast? Easy. A four year old toilet paper abuser.

Four bathrooms sharing one roll of toilet paper. We are each allowed three squares. Three small squares until I get to the store. We're not going to make it through the day. I'm going to have to make the trip. The dreaded trip to Wal-Mart for only two things.

I despise trips to Wal-Mart for only a couple things. I get tired just thinking about it.

If only....

If only Walmart had a drive-thru. A drive-thru for 10 items or less. You place your order on-line, pay for your items including a small $5 convenience fee, choose your pick-up time, and simply drive-thru and pick up your order.

I think this is genius. I'd like toilet paper, milk, a Snickers (for me), and well...let's just throw in some diet coke to top off the chocolate.

Diapers, infant tylenol, 2 lbs of bananas, and could you pick out a nice gift for a 10 yr. old boy.

Pork loin, KC barbecue sauce, 1 lbs of potatoes, 1 loaf of bread.

Who do I talk to about this? I mean, really. This is the mom's ultimate dream. I actually have spent several minutes fantasizing about this.

The only thing that is ruining my fantasies is this one nagging thought: What would the moms in Africa who walk miles everyday for clean water think of my idea? Do you think they'd sympathize with how hard it is to drag a couple children into the store for milk...for water...for medicine?

Hmmm...I'm going to run to Wal-Mart. I'll fantasize about my idea later.

No comments:

Post a Comment