Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No Pajamas

I'm trying to simplify.
I can't seem to find enough time to do anything that I want to do, so I'm going to weed some things out of my life.

First thing to go...pajamas.
What a waste of time...waste of laundry...waste of energy.

Here's my plan: The kids shower before bedtime.
They put on their clothes for the next day.
Ta Da...they go to bed ready for tomorrow.

This saves lots of steps.
It saves the changing into pajamas step.
It saves the pajama laundry.
It makes getting dressed in the morning EASY...hop out of bed and you're ready.
It saves the pile of pajamas that never quite make it back to the closet.

This is the start of my simplifying.
Some say that we could quit soccer.
Some might say that we could stop gymnastics.
I say...Give up the pajamas.

I will miss the Spiderman pajamas...and the footie pajamas...and the princess nightgowns...
Not enough to change my mind, though.

What's next?
Do we really need three meals a day?
Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment